The Business Physician™ ~
The MISSI/TBBHD Founder
An expatriate Brit’ (long time US Citizen), transferred to US by NY parent of UK subsidiary to start new division from scratch. Jumped at the opportunity: My passion lies in creating and building business not only for the potential financial rewards but particularly for the pleasure of accomplishment of a major objective; for the camaraderie that comes from building and leading enthusiastic teams and for winning the challenge that lies in successfully supporting not only the people actually doing the work but also the stakeholders involved in the successful accomplishment of the mission. A student of the philosophies and concepts of management per Peter Drucker, amongst others, I thrive on working with all levels of business from VC’s, bankers and board to shop-floor, janitor and tea-lady.
My forte lies in seeing the big picture while not losing sight of, or getting bogged down in, the details. Firmly believe in MBO and apply those principles in handling staff, cross-functional and international teams, vendors and customers to meet all parts of the business growth challenge from participating in creating ideas to securing financing, to creating and implementing the plans with the ultimate objectives of winning market share in building equity and stakeholder value.
I’m a high-energy, high-integrity, strong work-ethic, intuitive, inquisitive, patient, resourceful, determined coach and team-player: An ideas, resources and people weaver with a number of acknowledgments of success to my credit for results in an internationally oriented career that spans both sides of the pond and a very broad range of esoteric advanced technology and capital equipment systems as well as financial business activities.
This is the kind of opportunity of greatest interest: Contributing to the business from my resources of knowledge, abilities and experience in return for share of the equity gains delivered. Nobody has ever paid for my services; results returned more than cover such investment: I guarantee results and satisfaction.
* Creating equity value for stakeholders
* Creating and implementing cutting-edge profit-generating solutions
* Securing funding and stake-holder buy-in to achieve objectives
* Managing innovation from concept through implementation for equity growth
* Turning-around stalled development to recoup investment and gain revenue
* Leading multifaceted, multi-skilled, multi-located, multinational teams
* Coordinating direct and third-party development, outsourced design and production.
Related articles and books of interest:
- Four Points of Wisdom from Peter Drucker (actioncoachatlanta.wordpress.com)
- The Man Who Invented Management (paulmccannma.wordpress.com)
- 5 Key Questions For Success at Work (psychologytoday.com)
- The Generation Gap and Small Business Leadership (myventurepad.com)
- Starting, Building, Growing, Turning Around or Selling/Merging Your Business? Could You Use Some Help? What Kind? (missi.com)
- The Daily Drucker: 366 Days of Insight and Motivation for Getting the Right Things Done (Peter Drucker – amazon.com)
- The Definitive Drucker (Elizabeth Haas – amazon.com)
- Animal Spirits: How Human Psychology Drives the Economy, and Why It Matters for Global Capitalism (George A. Akerlof, Robert J. Shiller – amazon.com)
- The Black Swan: The Impact of the Highly Improbable (Nassim Nicholas Taleb – amazon.com)